The Happy Thoughts crew has made it to our first stop on our cross country adventure! We left home after work last night and drove through the night to stay with family 8 hours away.
The dogs and my husband snoozed as I drove through drizzle, fog, and darkness in the mountains. I had many thoughts during this time….
- Holy crap! The side barrier and a few feet in front of me is all I can see. What if I drive off the end of the world?! What if we entered into some alternate realm in the fog and we never get back out?! What if… what if…. (Note to self – take more anxiety meds, please.)
- Hehehe, there’s a town called Licking. I bet that’s where Bilbo is from. Hehehehe
- I wonder if dogs think cars are magical. They get in a box somewhere and exit the box in a completely different place.
- My butt is numb.
- I’m not sure going from never drinking caffeinated coffee to drinking an entire cup was a good idea.
- People drive like rabies crazed baboons with swordfishes up their bums. They made me so angry – “I do not bite my thumb at you sir; but I bite my thumb, sir!”
- Why are bras so uncomfortable?
- Ugh! I’ve been driving forever… how much longer? ….. It’s been five minutes!? WTF?!
I had this song stuck in my head for 7 of the 8 hours. Want to know what that’s like? Put it on repeat and bang your head into the wall over and over and over.
Sorry, my fabulous readers, I don’t have much more brain power to write. Today shall be a day of hanging out with family and tiring out pups before the continuation of our trip on Monday.
Before I go, I hope you can cheer us on while we compete at nationals. 4LeggedFlix will be live streaming it!! I will post approximate times we’ll be running and our armband numbers when we get closer. We won’t know many people there, so it’d mean the world to us to have our friends watching and rooting for us!
Live streaming – https://www.youtube.com/user/4LeggedFlix
*Think of the happiest things. It’s the same as having wings!*